40,000 m2 area, 2,500 Tons of steel, 600 km of cable: Everything built for your entertainment!
- Opened on November 8, 2002.
- Construction cost of 83 Million Euros.
- Construction period lasting 16 months.
- Maximum Capacity: 15,000 seats.
- Capacity for Handball and Ice Hockey matches: up to 13,000 seats.
- Capacity for (mit abgehängtem Oberrang): up to 8,000 seats.
- Capacity in Amphitheater: between 3,000 and 4,000 seats.
- 66 VIP Suites, each able hold 12 to 15 guests.
- 1 Showloge for 48 people (possible to divide into two suites, each with a capacity of 24 people.
- 1 Business-Club VIP Suite for 56 guests.
- 3 Group Suites that can hold up to 120 guests.
- 79 wheelchair accessible spots, with space for 79 accompanying persons.
Size and Technical Data
- Length: 150m, Width: 110m, Height: 33m.
- Gross building volume: 500,000 m³.
- Total arena area: 40,000 m².
- Maximum area available for events: 86.8m x 43.3m (3,760 m²).
- Ice hockey playing rink: 30m x 60m.
- A distributed high ceiling load-bearing capacity of 135 tons – evenly distributed, ceiling can hold the weight of up to 90 VW Golfs.
- A moveable Video Cube jumbo screen suspended from arena ceiling with a variety of broadcast options for DVD, video, and various graphics.
- Production flow: 2,500 amps.
- 2 Truck Entrances that extend into inner arena.
- 4 Themed-Restaurants and 4 Bars with 2,000 Seats.
- 17 Fast food-outlets through out the arena with a variety of food and drinks.
The Building in Numbers
- The total façade surface area of the arena is approximately 8,000m2.
- Steel construction of the roof weighs approx. 550 Tons, as much as 440 VW Golfs.
- Ice surface of the arena is around 2,000 m2.
- 12,000 m3 of concrete used during construction - enough to make 34,000 bathtubs!
- 2,500 steel reinforcements installed to provide extra stability.
- Approx. 600 Kilometers of high and low current cables installed.
- Air ducts reaching a distance of 13 km, up to 620,000m3 of air can be circulated per hour, 75 ventilation units – each weighing 30 Tons – provide for excellent air circulation.
- Glass facades around the arena cover a total 2,200m2.
- Control room can handle up to 6,600 amps electricity.
- Emergency power unit can create up to 1,250 amps.
- 15,000 Liters of local Holsten Pilsener Beer stored on-site in 15 steel drums.