Safety Precautions for the Barclaycard Arena:
- The Barclaycard Arena has an operating license specifically for a multi-functional arena. In order to maintain this license as an event arena, including a certificate for safety and conformity – a fire protection concept, with a list of safety requirements and procedures is strictly enforced.
- Before every event there is a meeting with a variety of municipalities, including police and fire department, and the promoter of the event, so that all safety precautions, including the amount of visitors for that event, can be discussed in detail. In addition, emergency procedures are planned specific to each event.
- Ticket scanners at the entrance count the number of guests, making it impossible to surpass the maximum capacity allotted for each event.
- For every event at the Barclaycard Arena, there is an operations center manned with police, fire department and first aid medical staff.
- The Barclaycard Arena has many emergency exits located throughout the arena. They are clearly marked, and in the event of an emergency, the staff will also assist you in reaching the emergency exits.
Safety Technology at the Barclaycard Arena:
- The Barclaycard Arena has state of the art safety technology.
- There are 62 cameras located inside and outside of the arena, providing real time images. These images are sent to a central control room, allowing a quick response in case of an emergency.
- In addition, there is a state of the art fire alarm system, including over 1,000 speakers throughout the arena, which will provide directions for what do to in case of a fire.
- 8,000 sprinklers, a spray flood system and a smoke extraction unit serve as an additional protection measure.
- One important aspect of the safety concept of the Barclaycard Arena are metal detectors which are installed at every entrance
- To provide a fast and safe access to the Barclaycard Arena bags, any suitcases and backpacks bigger than letter-size A4 are forbidden
- Visitors can leave their luggage at provided collection points
Procedure during an emergency, for example a technical defect:
- Please keep the entrances and exits, including stairs and hallways, free, as these are the escape routes for people to leave in an emergency, and the same areas where emergency personnel can enter.
- The emergency exits are marked in green-white signs and are located throughout the arena, including inside the arena floor, various seating blocks and all staircases leading to and from general seating.
- Green- white emergency exit signs and security staff from the Barclaycard Arena will help you find the exits in case of an emergency.
- In the rare case of a technical difficulty, emergency lighting will automatically turn on and help guide you to the nearest exit.
- In order to reach a safe and secure place as quickly as possible, please listen to the announcement and follow the directions of our security staff.
- Do not run and pay special consideration to children and senior citizens.
- The Barclaycard Arena is a non-smoking arena. Smokers are welcome to visit our smoking areas on the ground level, upper level and at exit E3.
- Please make yourself familiar with the additional Barclaycard Arena house rules. The house rules are there to prevent harm to people and prevent damage to property, to help ensure a problem free event and to keep the arena safe and clean.
- If you still have any questions, feel free to ask any of our staff at the event. We wish you a safe and pleasant time during your visit to the Barclaycard Arena!